Round 1 of the 2023 Masters is complete, and the images coming out of Augusta National are terrific.
High temperatures were the only weather issue on course Thursday, which is not going to be the case the rest of the way, as officials have already announced Friday tee times will be moved up 30 minutes to hopefully avoid worsening conditions later in the day.
Here’s a look at some of the top storylines from Day 1 at the Masters:
- Jon Rahm, Viktor Hovland and Brooks Koepka are leading at 7-under, with rounds of 65.
- Koepka will tee off at 8:18 a.m. tomorrow, meaning he’ll likely be in the clubhouse before weather gets bad. Rahm goes off at 1:18 p.m. and Hovland goes off at 12:54 p.m.
- Amateur Sam Bennett had a remarkable 4-under, 68, including a record-tying front 9 for an amateur.
- Defending-champion Scottie Scheffler is in contention, after a 4-under, 68.
- Tiger Woods struggled to a 2-over, 74.
- Will Zalatoris and Kevin Na withdrew from the tournament, leaving 86 golfers in play.