You couldn’t have asked for a better story-filled day at Augusta National Golf Club for the second round of the 2023 Masters Tournament – and that was before trees started falling.
Full disclosure, we fully wrote this all out during the first weather delay, preparing to just update it with final scores and information from the round. Boy did we jinx ourselves.
The story of the day became three trees falling on No. 17, a scary scene that fortunately ended with no injuries. READ MORE HERE ON THAT.
Other than that, we didn’t get to complete the round today, so it’s back at it Saturday morning at 8 a.m.
Here’s a look at some of the REST of the highlights of Round 2:
- Brooks Koepka dominates again, and leads at 12-under;
- Sam Bennett plays way above his status as an amateur near the top of the leaderboard (read about here);
- Thursday co-leaders Jon Rahm and Viktor Hovland kept pace, even with afternoon tee times;
- Fred Couples is likely to become the oldest player ever to make the cut at the Masters;
- Rory McIlroy looked off in a terrible round of 77 to most certainly miss the cut;
- Phil Mickelson shot a solid 69 to stay in contention at 4-under.
There were plenty of other good stories, but there’s a lot going on at Augusta National right now. So let’s just take a look at some of our favorite images from a wild day in Round 2.