Let’s take a moment to salute and remember our fathers. I’m fortunate that our dad is still with us. I’ll share a few thing he taught my brothers and me, plus a few memorable quotes that I hope you will get a laugh from.
- Character is everything. My dad is likeable and his integrity has never been questioned. He reminds us that our actions are what people will remember.
- Be kind and meet new people. My dad loves to tell stories and learn about people and their background. People will appreciate that. He never met a stranger.
- Keep cash with you. He loves to use the phrase walking around money. “Son, you never know when technology will fail you.”
- Admit when you are wrong. No one is perfect, you can’t try to be. Be humble and own your mistakes.
- Go with your gut. If it feels wrong, it probably is wrong.
Here are a few quotes we heard growing up. If you grew up in the south, you likely heard some of them, or all of them.
- “Ain’t no way that’ll fall off!
- “Eat this, it will put hair on your chest.”
- “Drink this, it will put hair on your chest.”
- “We ain’t gonna get stuck!”
- “Well, (insert cuss word here) we’re stuck”
Happy Father’s Day Pop!