Our local blood bank needs donors!
Shepeard Community Blood Center will be hosting numerous blood drives over the next few days to collect donations to help with the shortage. While all blood types are needed, Type O is what they are most in need of.
Blood donations at Shepeard help supply our local hospitals when emergencies arise. Shepeard aims to keep a healthy level of donations at the blood bank, but are currently very low. They shared a photo of their shelves to show how bare they are, including no Type O blood. Please consider becoming a donor today to help our community!
All four locations are open for donations- Augusta, Evans, Aiken, and Dublin. You can call 706-737-4551 to schedule an appointment, or just walk in.
Upcoming blood drives:
- Wednesday, September 22 at Oak Hall at Augusta University from 11am to 7pm
- Thursday, September 23 at Grace United Methodist Church from 10am to 7pm
- Thursday, September 23 a mobile blood unit will be on site at Children’s Hospital of Georgia from 10am to 2pm
- Friday, September 24 the mobile blood unit will be at University Hospital from 9am to 5pm
- Saturday, September 25 at Aquinas High School from noon until 4pm
- Saturday, September 25 at LBC Middle School from 1pm to 5pm
- Sunday, September 26 at HCCU on Washington Road, Evans from 10am to 1pm
Requirements to donate: you must be in good health, weight at least 110 pounds, and be 17 years of age or older (16 with parental consent). Remember to bring your picture ID or Shepeard donor card with you to donate.
Help our local blood bank… become a donor today!
For more information on blood donation, visit Shepeard Community Blood Center’s website.
Toy Collection Drive
In addition to blood drives, Shepeard Community Blood Center has partnered with the AlexStrong Foundation to honor National Childhood Cancer Awareness month. This month (September) they are collecting toys to donate to the Children’s Hospital of Georgia.
During the blood drive on Thursday, donors will receive a special edition Childhood Cancer Awareness T-shirt and also be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card.
The Children’s Hospital is requesting the following toy items:
- Fisher-Price toys
- Hot Wheels sets
- Lego sets
- Mega blocks
- Playing cards (like UNO)
- Superhero action figures
- Halloween costumes