The Masters is back where it belongs on this beautiful April week on Augusta National, and the groupings and tee times have been announced for the first and second round.
Golfers will hit the first tees Friday at 7:45 a.m., with honorary starters Lee Elder, Gary Player and Jack Nicklaus taking the first swings. Group 1 of Michael Thompson and Hudson Swafford tees off at 8 a.m.
Defending champion Dustin Johnson will have his Masters tee time at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, grouped with Lee Westwood and amateur Tyler Strafaci. That group will move to the 1:36 p.m. tee time on Friday.
Among the other notable tee times:
- Bubba Watson, Brooks Koepka and Viktor Hovland head out Thursday at 10:06 a.m. and Friday at 1:12 p.m.
- Phil Mickelson, Tommy Fleetwood and Scottie Scheffler tee up Thursday at 1:12 p.m. and Friday at 10:06 a.m.
- The suddenly hot Jordan Spieth is grouped with Cameron Smith and Collin Morikawa, teeing off Thursday at 2 p.m. and Friday at 10:54 a.m.
- Hard-hitting Bryson DeChambeau looks to crush his way around National with Adam Scott and Max Homa, teeing off Thursday at 1:36 p.m. and Friday at 10:30 a.m.
- Also of note, as pointing out by Golf Channel’s Brentley Romine, the last 10 winners of the Masters have teed off between 11 a.m. and 1:42 p.m. in the first round every year. See the stats in this tweet.
First- and second-round groupings for the Masters Tournament: pic.twitter.com/jnQDUv1OBD— Golf Central (@GolfCentral) April 6, 2021
Stay with us all week long for complete coverage of the 2021 Masters Tournament from Augusta National.