Late-Night Shooting Leaves One Dead in Richmond County: A deadly shooting was reported late last night in Richmond County.  Coroner Mark Bowen says 34-year-old Joseph Fortson of the 1900 block of Sanford Court…

Coronavirus Coverage

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND - FEBRUARY 19: Clinical support technician Douglas Condie extracts viruses from swab samples so that the genetic structure of a virus can be analysed and identified in the coronavirus testing laboratory at Glasgow Royal Infirmary, on February 19, 2020 in Glasgow, Scotland. (Photo by Jane Barlow - WPA Pool/Getty Images)

An Arizona man who tried to take coronavirus treatment matters into his own hands has died. He ingested chloroquine phosphate, thinking that it would protect him from coronavirus. His wife did the same, and she is currently under critical care.

According to NBC News, “The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.”

The woman told the outlet that she saw a briefing where President Trump spoke of the benefits of chloroquine, and the name resonated because she used it to treat her koi fish. The woman said,  “I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, ‘Hey, isn’t that the stuff they’re talking about on TV?” She also added, “We were afraid of getting sick.”

The pair mixed the substance in a liquid, drank it, and became ill about twenty minutes later. The woman and her husband, who wishes to remain anonymous, are in their 60s.

10 Movies You Definitely Shouldn’t Watch If Coronavirus Scares You