Fort Gordon, Georgia (March 17, 2020)
The Army is taking precautionary measures to protect the health of the force and maintain operational readiness.
Per order of the U.S. Army Garrison Commander, Fort Gordon will close or modify the following venues and facilities, effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020 or as outlined below. These changes will be re-evaluated on a continual basis as we assess current day-to-day operations to ensure the safety of all of our Soldiers, family members and civilian personnel.
- The following facilities are only open for active duty military:
- All fitness facilities / Gyms
- Indoor Pool
- Bowling Center
- The following venues are closed:
- Dinner Theater
- Bingo Palace
- Intramural and Youth sports
- Alternate Escapes (Domino Pizza still open for delivery)
- The Commissary will only serve active duty and dependents from 0900-1300; all eligible patrons (to include retirees) will be served from 1300 until closing. The Commissary will limit the number of purchases per item for high demand items (paper towels and toilet paper as examples)
- The Post Exchange facilities will undergo the following changes:
- All Exchange Mall Facilities will close daily at 1900 (effective 21 March)
- Gate 1 & Gate 5 Express stores will close daily at 2200 (effective 21 March)
- All Exchange Restaurants will offer take-out and drive thru service only
- Limitation of paper tissue/towels and sanitizing products to 1 per customer
- Large format gatherings (AUSA breakfasts), organized sporting events (5K runs, triathlon, etc.), and installation morale calls are either postponed or cancelled.
- Religious services will be conducted virtually
- The following activities remain open to the service members, dependents, retirees, and other authorized users as they do not create environments where people are gathering in large groups:
- Gordon Lakes Golf Course
- Hilltop Riding Stables
- Disc Golf
- Woodworth Library
- Pointes West Army Resort
- Tactical Advantage Sportsman’s Complex
- Auto Crafts Center
Force health protection is our top priority on Fort Gordon and protecting those assigned here includes mitigating the spread of the virus by following recommended preventive measures such as social distancing.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we step up the fight against COVID-19.