Burke County Roads and Bridges is still working diligently to open roadways within the county that have been damaged due to flooding and/or other water related issues.
The below list is as of today at 4pm.The following roads remain closed until further notice.
1. Henry Berol Road 0.50 Mile West of Middle Ground Road
2. Chance Hatcher From Rosedale Road to Hatchers Mill Road
3. Hillis Circle 0.50 Mile South of Joyner-Oglesby Road
4. South College Road 0.67 Mile North of Thornton Road
5. Middle Ground Road 0.62 Mile South of Henry Berol Road
6. Walden Pond Road Between Gough Spur Road and SR 80 West
7. Tarver Road 1.00 Mile South of SR 80 West
8. Harvey Road 1.50 Miles West of Susie Bailey Road
9. Old Wadley Road From SR 17 to Midville City Limits
This just in from Chief Deputy Lewis C. Blanchard
The following roads are closed until further notice:
Henry Berol Road 0.50 Mile West of Middle Ground Road
Joyner Oglesby Road 0.15 Miles West of Hillis Circle
Hillis Circle 0.50 South of Joyner-Oglesby Road
South College Road 0.67 Miles North of Thornton Road
(A) Middle Ground Road 0.62 Miles South of Henry Berol Road
(B) Middle Ground Road Between Grays Grove Church Road & McCollough Church Road
Harvey Road 1.00 Mile West of Susie Bailey Road
Walden Pond Road All areas
Bark camp between Ralph Sandford and 17 is a continuing problem and opens and closes depending on the day and weather.
Many dirt roads throughout the county are not usable.
Additionally, we have three (3) crashes with injuries in less than 24 hours due to speed combined with wet roadways. Please remember that the posted speed limit is the maximum safe speed for good driving conditions. When conditions worsen, such as we are experiencing now with water pooled over many roadways, drivers should use due regard, slow down, not follow too closely, and make sure they aren’t distracted by cell phones and other such devices.